The server and storage systems design engineer will be responsible for the design of the production, development, and disaster recovery server infrastructure, storage and backup environments. The engineer will be asked to design, participate in and lead enterprise-level projects.
- Wintel, Unix, SAN, NAS and backup system architecture
- Document and adhere to departmental standards and policies
- Participate in project teams to provide guidance, support and architect services
- Document and maintain server standards, audit policies and procedures
- Experience with configuration management
- Understanding INTEL and RISC servers’ contemporary architecture
- Knowledge of the server product line of global vendors like HP, IMB, etc.
- Well organized work habits with attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
BS in Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience. Master’s Degree is preferred
Intermediate, reading technical documentation