The Unix support engineer will be responsible for thesupport production, development, and disaster recovery Unix, storage and backup environments.
- Unix, SAN, NAS and backup system architecture, management, monitoring, performance tuning, and the resolution of system problems.
- Document and adhere to departmental standards and policies.
- Participate on project teams to provide guidance, support and architect services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex Unix, SAN and backup issues.
- Document and maintain server standards, audit policies and procedures.
- Proven history of technical skills within the Unix, storage and backup environments
- Experience with configuration management, automated deployment and patching systems
- Good knowledge of file systems, server builds and external SAN/NAS storage
- Well organized work habits with attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
BS in Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience. Master’s Degree is preferred.
Intermediate, reading technical documentation