In today’s dynamic telecommunications environment, operators need to provide their customers with high-speed access to various interactive applications. In GSM, the interaction is implemented through USSD which is unfortunately not available in other networks CBOSS offers CBOSSussdLike that is specifically designed to provide USSD-like services in CDMA and other non-GSM networks. CBOSSussdLike allows cellular operators to considerably enhance the range of services, increase data transmission rate for interactive applications, and optimize resource usage.
CBOSSussdLike integrated platform
All processes are performed on the integrated platform incorporating CBOSSussdLike and CBOSSsms The operation is illustrated below.
The CBOSSussdLike platform processes customer requests and generates requests for the corresponding applications. CBOSSussdLike forwards responses from applications to the operator’s independent SMSC, which delivers SMS to customers.
The service logic is described below:
- USSDLike processes all customer requests received from the switch (MSC) The system analyzes a request and extracts the SME prefix and command for the application (SME)
- USSDLike determines the calling number and terminates the call (if necessary, the system can play back a message confirming message reception)
- SSDLike then forwards the request to the required application (SME) via SMPP
- SME processes the request and sends the response to USSDLike in a short message (or, depending on the application settings, to the mailbox)
- USSDLike sends all short messages with responses from applications to the SMSC, which, depending on USSDLike settings, can send them to the customer’s mobile handset as Flash SMS
- SMSС performs all operations associated with SMS delivery to customers
If the response to the USSD request is to be delivered to an e-mailbox, this is done by the application handling the request.
- Responses sent as Flash SMS
The system can convert SMS with responses received from SME into Flash messages immediately displayed on the screen of handsets supporting this technology
- Request reception and processing
The system receives requests from subscribers, extracts the service code, plays back the voice fragment if needed, and terminates the connection
- SMS sending to the dedicated number
The system can send short messages to various numbers depending on the service code
To enable service rating, CBOSSussdLike is integrated with various billing systems including CBOSSbcc, CBOSSprepaid and CBOSSrtb. CBOSSussdLike can be integrated with various intelligent services to provide a communications channel for customers.
CBOSSussdLike offers a convenient USSD-like GUI for such CBOSS products as CBOSSbcc, CBOSSacc, CBOSSabd, CBOSSstc, etc.CBOSSussdLike seamlessly integrates with any third party application via SMPP.
- Free access to service (depends on telco)
- More convenient GUI
Compared to IVR where the customer has to use the keypad to navigate the menu or enter scratch card PIN during the session, USSDLike allows customers to enter this information beforehand and check it for possible errors. Moreover, the most frequent requests can be stored in the handset’s contact list.
- Faster response time; responses delivered as text
- Less resources used
The channel between MSC and the USSDLike platform is engaged for a very short period of time, just to establish and terminate the connection This allows for much lower voice channel usage compared to IVR
- Easy integration
CBOSSussdLike can be easily integrated with any SMPP-enabled external application ensuring easy service creation and fast time-to-market. CBOSSsdp can be used for fast service creation
- Stronger customer loyalty due to an enhanced service portfolio